CONFIDENTIAL RATE FOR TOUR OPERATORS
NET PRICES – PER PERSON – NON-COMMISSIONABLE
Borneo Tour Packages
Rates Validity: 31.03.2025
|Best of Borneo | 11 Nights / 12 Days | Kota Kinabalu – Sepilok – Kudat
PROGRAM – 1
Best of Borneo | 11 Nights / 12 Days
Kota Kinabalu – Sepilok – Kudat
Day 01 : Arrive Kota Kinabalu
Arrival at Kota Kinabalu International Airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu NP
After breakfast, we visit the Kinabalu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Malaysia’s first national parks. The centrepiece of the park is the jagged peak of Mount Kinabalu – the highest on the island of Borneo – with a staggering biological diversity in the surrounding environs. With sub-alpine forest and rich tropical lowland, the park is a great place for outdoor pursuits so make sure you bring your walking boots and a towel as there’s the chance to visit the Poring hot springs too.
Later today we will visit the Kundasang War Memorial and Gardens, built to commemorate the 2,428 prisoners who died at the Sandakan POW camp. Wander through the four interlocking memorial gardens that represent the homelands of those who died there. Afterwards we will proceed to our jungle camp for the night which, although basic, enjoys a stunning setting on the edge of Kinabalu National Park. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Kinabalu NP-Deramakot FR
After breakfast, proceed to we head further into Sabah’s interior to the spectacular Deramakot Forest Reserve where we will spend the next two days enjoying outdoor activities and wildlife spotting opportunities. The reserve is an important habitat for Borneo’s animal residents including the endangered orangutan, pygmy elephant, proboscis monkey and clouded leopard.
During our two days here there will be the option to take nature hikes, nocturnal safaris and 4WD trips, and learn all about local conservation efforts and innovative sustainable logging procedures. Sunrise over the dense forest canopy is unforgettable so early birds will be nicely rewarded. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Deramakot Forest Reserve
After breakfast, proceed to our two days here there will be the option to take nature hikes, nocturnal safaris and 4WD trips, and learn all about local conservation efforts and innovative sustainable logging procedures. Sunrise over the dense forest canopy is unforgettable so early birds will be nicely rewarded. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 : Kinabatangan Region
After breakfast, proceed to we take a scenic river cruise to one of the many ox-bow lakes on the floodplain of the Kinabatangan Region. Travelling downriver there will be the chance to spot a range of wildlife from orangutans to macaques, crocodiles to hornbills in this biological hotspot. Designated a conservation area, the region is home to ten different species of primate, a claim that only one other area in the world can claim.
Arriving at the small village of Bukit Garama we’ll have a light local lunch before continuing our journey by road to our riverside lodge for the night. Later head out on a river cruise in search of wildlife followed by a buffet dinner or local and western style food. After dinner there will be an optional night walk. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06 : Kinabatangan Region – Abai village
After breakfast, proceed to we take another scenic river boat journey today with the Ramsar Wetland Reserve our destination, an area that incorporates mangrove forest and rare peat swamp forest. Here we will participate in a local reforestation project, getting involved with planting fast-growing fruit trees which will provide an important food source for local wildlife.
Later in the day we continue to the village of Abai where the night will be spent in a local homestay. This provides a unique opportunity to engage with local families and learn about rural riverside lifestyles in Borneo with home-cooked food provided. Overnight at village homestay.
Day 07 : Abai Village – Sepilok
After breakfast, proceed to we continue our adventure to Sepilok, a town primarily famous thanks to the local Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, founded in the 60s to protect orphaned orangutans. With 60 to 80 orangutans living freely in the reserve along with younger orangutans housed in the nurseries, Sepilok offers the best chance to come face-to-face with these wonderful creatures.
Our visit to the centre will coincide with feeding time for the best possible sightings. Within close distance of the orangutan centre is the Rainforest Discovery Centre where you can enjoy a canopy walkway through the jungle on day 8.
Day 08 : Sepilok
After breakfast, proceed to there may also be time to visit the nearby Sun Bear Conservation Centre, home to the world’s smallest bear that is facing threats from deforestation and loss of habitat. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09 : Sepilok – Kudat
After breakfast,proceed to we fly to Kudat, a small port town on the very tip of Sabah. Kudat is a welcoming, easygoing town with a large Chinese temple and vibrant seafood market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 10 : Kudat
After breakfast, proceed to two days there’ll be plenty of time to enjoy activities including swimming, snorkeling, fishing and hiking around the coves along the coast, plus a sunset bbq ont eh beach.
Please note: In some instances, due to limited seat availability, we may have to substitute the flight back to Kudat with a drive up the coast instead. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 : Kudat – Kota Kinabalu
After breakfast, proceed to morning there’s free time to enjoy the gorgeous beaches and coves of Kudat before returning to Kota Kinabalu later this afternoon. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12 : Depart Kota Kinabalu
Departure transfer to onwards destination.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 11 nights accommodation as per the program.
– Meals as per the program.
– Entrance fees.
– Cruise for Kinabatangan Region and Kinabatangan Region – Abai village.
– Air Ticket for Sepilok – Kudat.
– Local English / French / German / Italian / Spanish / Chinese / Russian speaking guide.
– Poring Village and Kinabalu National Park.
– Deramakot Forest Reserve and Kinabatangan River.
– Sepilok & Kudat.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private vehicle.
– All taxes.
– Personal Expenses.
– Camera / Video Camera Fees.
– Medical Aid.
– Travel Insurance.
– Visa If any.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.
|Hilton Kota Kinabalu
|Kinabalu National Park
|Deramakot Forest Reserve
|Kudat Golf & Marina
|Price Per Person
|USD 3100 PP
|03 – 04 Pax
|USD 3050 PP
|05 – 06 Pax
|USD 3000 PP
|07 – 09 Pax
|USD 2950 PP
|USD 1400 PP